Affordable Online Colleges
Affordable Colleges Online
Methodology: Most Affordable Online Colleges
When it comes to online degrees, two core elements take center stage: quality and cost. The best online degree programs (and the colleges that offer them) have been fully vetted by a national and/or regional accrediting body. In addition, many top programs have full distance learning programs with reasonable price tags, allowing a wider range of students to work toward success.
During its analysis, AC Online leveraged cost and accreditation from some of the most respected and reputable data sources available. Key sources and partners include:
- NCES collects and analyzes a vast collection of data related to higher education. In addition to accuracy, NCES offers great insight into academic demographics and trends.
- IPEDS serves as the leading source for data and information related to post-secondary education.
- The Carnegie Classification framework provides consistency and control when it comes to organizing institutional characteristics.
- Payscale.com provides top-notch career-related data on the local, state, and national levels. Their team of researchers and analysts work hard to ensure accuracy of all data and information.
Methodology: The Details
All colleges, universities, and online programs included in AC Online’s review passed the following criteria:
- Public colleges (Carnegie classified), or
- Private, non-profit colleges (Carnegie classified), and
- Offered at least one degree program fully online
- 4-year degree-granting
- Full accreditation
- U.S. colleges only
Press Release: Most Affordable Online Colleges by State
To facilitate promotion and better communicate with media outlets, AC Online has created and distributed a short news release about the rankings. Please read through our news release at your convenience.
Copyright © 2013 AffordableCollegesOnline All Rights Reserved