Our rankings are a combination of academic data available from Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the Department of Education, a Greek chapter list from GreekPages.com and crime statistics from Campus Safety and Security (CSS), which is also a Department of Education service.
Minimum requirements to be considered as a school that Works Hard:
- Be in the top 25 percent for graduation rates
- Have a top 25 percent Freshmen retention rate
- Report within the top 50 percent on student earnings after graduation
What is considered when measuring the Play Hard component?
- Schools have a large college athletic program presence in at least three major sports
- Active chapters of a nationally recognized Greek Organization
- Campus alcohol-related incident reports